Q: Are your products Wholegrain?
A: Yes, all Del Real products sold in the K12 segment are certified wholegrain by the wholegrain council. Please contact your sales representative for a copy of our wholegrain certificate for the product you are purchasing.
Q: Is it Gluten Free/made in a facility with Gluten?
A: Yes all Del Real products are Gluten Free
Q: Do you offer any vegetarian items?
A: Del Real offers several vegetarian items in our K12 line, listed below:
- 421 – Mexican Brown Rice
- 702 Cheese pupusa
- 705 – Bean and Cheese pupusa
- 766- Cheese Tamale
- 6055- Sope (this is a thick tortilla shell that can be used as a base for a vegetarian meal)
Q: Do you commodity process?
A: Not at the present moment
Q: Where is the plant located?
A: Mira Loma, CA (Riverside county)
Q: Do you source local ingredients? Are you California Grown?
A: We source local where possible, but all our products are produced in California, therefore we do qualify for California Thursdays.
Q: Are the products Fresh or Frozen?
A: All Del Real products are fresh and frozen by distributor
Q: What is the Shelf Life?
- Product cases list the date the product was packed, this date will help you determine remaining shelf life
- Meats and Side Dishes – Refrigerated 60 days/ Frozen 270 days
- Tamales – Refrigerated 50 days/ Frozen 270 days
- Salsas – Refrigerated 75 days/ Frozen 270 days
- Sopes – Refrigerated 60 days / Frozen 270 days/ Shelf Stable 30 days
Q: If frozen, how long does it take to thaw out Del Real products?
2 days in cooler
Q: Do you have cooking instructions available for your products
Yes, all products have an SOP and are available on our website or by contacting your sales representative
Q: Do you have a CN label for your products?
A: We do not CN label, but we have Product Formulation Statements available for all products
Q: Are the products Individually Wrapped?
A: No, we do not currently IW